Vista's rep told the LGS owner that when they bought Remington and were taking a tour through the plants, they realized how big a schitshow Remington had been running for a long time. The ammo plant has had to be completely re-tooled from top to bottom. It was all worn out. The rep said that they couldn't believe the Remington ammo would even meet SAAMI specs consistently. So they've been busting their asses to get Remington ammo back in production to Vista's standards, with a substantial price increase coming.

The worst news is that Remington's primer factory was nearly a complete loss. They are literally having to start from scratch there, since nothing was even salvageable. In the mean time, Federal and CCI primers will be used in Remington factory ammo, for at least six and more like nine months. So primers from Federal and CCI are going to be pretty much unobtainable as well as Remington primers for at least the next year. It's second-hand information to me, and third-hand to you, but that's the story I got.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.