am guilty, just recently over paid for a very nice Remington BDL, one of the older ones with the smooth action and safety that locks the bolt. Sipping bourbon and getting in a bidding war is not a smart thing to do! What the hell,I've done dumber things and really like the rifle, so I'm keeping the price I paid a secret and just going to enjoy it. Loaded up some 95 grain Nosler BTs. hope I shoots, seems like the old Remingtons do. A couple of years ago I bought a 700 SA rifle and and never shot it , used the action for a build. I still have it and I use it often, but at times I was sorry I ruined an old classic.Even if Remington comes back the bean counters will not allow them to build them like they used to. Might not even put the 700 in the line up. Might just be the ugly 770 and 870 Express. Now, happily, I have both! Sorry to the others for driving prices up! I bought a Kimber Classic Select in 30 06 a couple of months ago, I have no real use and need for it, gone to milder recoil rifle, but the damn thing has beautiful darker walnut stock. Haven't shot it yet and it might be a while, but it is just nice to look at and feels good in hand. I've thought about new barrel in 7X57, 6.5X55, or 257 Bob. I have other 30 06 rifles than are not used much, but it's unAmerican not to own a 30 06, I've killed a lot of game with the 30 06 and like it a lot. but for deer and antelope it is not needed, but if I could have only one rifle it would be a 30 06..