Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Of the three you mentioned, by preference would be Odin, BA, Faxon.

I have one SS Odin barrel and it holds MOA with 5 shot groups. Buddy has a Faxon and it's more of an 1.5 MOA barrel. Keep in mind this is just two samples of one.

BA's owned by Aero, so it's considered a mid-tier value product. Several of the local builders use them receive few complains for the "normal" non-loonies like ourselves.

My goto is Criterion, but like everything else right now, they are in short supply.

AS, I'm curious when you say your buddies barrel is "1.5 moa", how many shots in the group? I have an 18" barrel that shoots 1.5 moa for 10 shots consistently with all sorts of ammo I've tried. I don't like 18" barrels and am to the point I will give the barrel away to someone that doesn't mind that type of accuracy.. If you are talking 3 shot groups, the barrel I mentioned has shot numerous sub moa groups, but I don't count 3 shot groups in an AR15 platform as much of anything. Thanks...

Good catch, I should of clarified.
Those were with 5 shot groups.

My typical standard of measurement is two consecutive 5 shot groups.
Statistically, it gives you the most data with the least shooting.

For the barrel in question, with 10 shot groups I'd expect it to turn in something in the 1 3/4 to 2 MOA range.

Thanks for answering that. Good info.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA