Originally Posted by MichieD
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
Why do we not have a shooting test too get a hunting license like in some European countries? Most anyone that hunts long enough will have an animal get away at some point. However a lot of people can’t hit the broadside of a barn and have no business shooting at anything alive until their marksmanship improves.
I think it would encourage good marksmanship. You cant shoot you don’t get a tag. That’s motivation for improving your shooting skills.
Too edit the reason why I say this is not because of more government intrusion in our Iives but because there are too many idiots that can’t even hit the vitals of a deer even at just 100 yards unless it’s luck. Then you see deer running around because of that with jaws shut off etc.

You can't legislate stupid.

Why not a grammar test before one is allowed to post on the internet? Maybe an IQ test prior to breeding?

I'd happily agree to attempting to legislate stupid, including grammar tests before public posting and IQ tests for breeding, but the problem always lies in the authority inherent in such structures and how they are inevitably co-opted by corrupt people and used for corrupt ends. That's why it never works. Because we surely could "legislate stupid" in a more indirect but also quite successful fashion: removal of the social safety net in all its forms.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.