Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by Sheister
Funny, my wife has a Macbook and I have a Dell and I love my Dell and I hate the MacBook. She tolerates it because it was a gift and it was a reasonably high end model, but she struggles with it constantly....

That's because both of you haven't learned how to properly use it yet - you been conditioned to believe that crap PCs work well. Once you learn how to use a Mac properly, you'll wonder why you ever used a convoluted PC. Macs are a helluva' lot more intuitive than PCs could ever hope to be.

Keep at it, or sign up for a course, if you need it. The learning curve for Macs can be steep, but it's well worth the effort to learn how to use it. I would never, ever go back to a PC - they suck compared to a MAC.

I resisted Apple my entire life after my exposure with a 2e back in the late 70's early 80's.

Our office provided iPads for the field but they always seemed to work and after using Android after my first bag phone said fk'it, I was sick of the Samsung and Android and bought an iPhone 8 and now an 11 and of course, made in China and also Apple is fk'ing with the 1st Amendment.

Please explain how the Macbook is better than a PC, I can believe reliability is better based on my experience with the iPad and iPhone.

I normally buy a ~300-350 dollar bottom of the line laptop every five years or so and surf, Quickload, MSOffice, Photoshop...

The insane cost is one reason for not jumping ship.

Dave