I once owned a 1-B in .338 Win Mag that had a land missing in the rifling in the last 12 in. of barrel. Also had a 'Bubbaed" fore stock. I found out the dealer price of a new fore-end was (I think) 77.00 at the time. I wrote a cover letter and included a Cashier's check for that amount) and had my dealer send it back. I asked for a Alexander Henry fore-end but didn't get it.

They did, however, rebarrel said rifle with a new barrel and also replaced both fore-end and butt-stock. (With nicer figured wood than I had...) No charge for rebarreling or new buttstock. But I am told that they will NOT alter the configuration or change the chambering from the original. (Unless you are Ken Waters...Which they did it for him...) Also if you have any after-market parts installed, they will remove them and NOT return them, and your rifle will be returned to being all original. My rifle had had a front sight installed by the previous owner and it came back without. (Which I didn't care, because I don't like sights installed on my rifles, anyway.)

This all occured a number of years ago, when the Ruger family still were involved with the running of the company. Hope this helps... GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"