Originally Posted by Sponxx
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
To backup and/or export in Firefox...

Got to Library, then Bookmarks.

Now go to the bottom of the box and click on Show All Bookmarks

In the toolbar, click on Import and Backup

Now select either Backup or Export as HTML, pick a place to store it, and click Save.

(Backup file may only be readable by FF, an HTML file ought to be readable by other browsers. Best to save both file types.)

Rocky, I have collected 3 laptops that have overtime have become obsolete/too slow/ but still have some data, especially pictures in their HDs. One received the death blow when "upgrading" to Windows 10

I know you replaced windows with other OS (can't find the posts), is it possible to make those laptops usable again (nothing wrong except taking ages to boot and load programs).

Thanks

The answer is "it depends". I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 laptop circa 2005 that will run, but just really, really slow. In order to get it to work, I had to go looking for a very lightweight 32 bit version of Linux. And it just kinda works for browsing the web now, as memory and cpu requirements just keep going up and up over time. Watching videos is pretty sucky. Reading text, no problem.

On the other hand, I'm writing this on an 8 year old Dell M4700. No issues whatever keeping up. But it was a very highly spec'd mobile workstation at the time. It runs the LTS version of Ubuntu '18. Not sure if I'll upgrade the OS, as it's been pretty heavily tricked out to meet my needs.