Many models of the single shot .22s of the 30s got chambered in .22 WRF. Either they didn't make many of them or they got worn out over the years. I have a Win Model 68 (the "target model" of the 67!!!!) in .22 WRF. And I've seen a Remington Model 510S in ".22 Rem Special" as the Remingtons called the WRF. Both of these are pretty rare (as if anyone cared).

Don't know about Savage/Stevens--this is the first I've seen,although a friend of mine has a Model 44 "Ideal" single shot in that cal. But the .22 WRF/.22 Special was believed to have extraordinary powers by its advocates back in the day. I believe that this was due to its flat bullet shape rather than any huge boost in power over ordinary .22 LRs.

My Dad fed his grandma, baby brother, and himself their protein with a Rem 12S for several years in the Depression in ND. He was so very glad when Roosevelt's "Tree Army" accepted him: three hots and a cot and a few $ to send home to Grandma Grimes. Baby brother Bob got the .22 Special pump and later a career in the USMC. My favorite uncle until he stopped a Chinese bullet in 1952....

Last edited by Mesa; 01/14/21.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong