I am thinking of standardizing things in my safe a bit so I don't have one off rifle calibers, I have a Mauser 98 action that is begging for a new barrel and I have a savage 99c action with 284 and a 243/308 clip, so I have seen 257R run in a 99 with a rotary mag so it will run in a clip I think. I think the 284 or one of its derivatives is the hottest thing you can run in a 99 action, i am not worried about it in the mauser it will get the barrel of caliber, i assume with the 284 case the magazine on mauser might need just a bit of opening. I just did the same thing with 260 Rem. I have a 99 and mauser action being built now. The 6.5 CM is the sexy caliber right now and have been off and on the fence on this one for sometime, yes it would be nice to say I have one but i get alot of opinions one way or another on the caliber working in the 99, or it might be just name only and bullet selection might be limited on length. Juts bene wrangling this idea for sometime and soon I am going to pull the trigger on something. Appreciate the ideas and i should of added the actions, because it does have a effect on choices.