Originally Posted by TxJW
Originally Posted by doubleDs55
I looked at the Savages again today< not for me. The Howa's were nice too and about the same deal as the TC's. so
I bought a new TC Venture II All Weather this morning, nice rifle, already shot some groups this afternoon in the backyard.
Shot some 3 shot grps under 3/4" with 52gr Match Speer's., the stock is a half rubber half plastic type material, solid compared to the others I tried, barrel is Floated & straight in the stock. I put a 3x9 40 on it, it's threaded with a protector on.
3 lug bolt so very short turn and the empty is flying out. Smooth going in bit slower going down., but can easily shoot from from my shoulder. Don't know if 5R rifleing is a thing or not but not any copper in the bore when done. Trigger is a dandy no creep, light pull I was impressed. Shoots 223/5.56 just like my AR. New rig for keeping in the SxS all winter.

Great Choice! I really like my Venture and Compass rifles. Good performance and value!

I was thinking of the Ruger American but the Venture really stood out as well built compared to anything else in that $$ range. The Houge stock is 10x better than the air rifle stocks of some others.
Pillar bedded & very stiff, I might get another one in 243 if he can rebuild his inventory. Will get another magazine to slip in my pocket, it's a very shallow stock even compared to the compass which holds 1 more rd.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....