I have a Rem 540xr ( target version of the sporterized 581/541T. Used to own a Kimber 82, but in 218 Bee (sngle shot, sold it to my woodchuck hunting buddy, and he loves it). I have a Win 310-a single shot ( "pre-Kimber" Kimber). Used to own a walnut stocked Rem 580 single shot. Accurate, but too light for my liking. Sold it.

The Kimber 82 218 Bee action had a feel of precision and tight tolerances. The 540xr action is nice ( single shot, two action mounting bolts, adjustable trigger), but the 9 interrupted lugs create a bit of "catch" when closing the bolt, and has a bit of rattle to it. The Rem 540 shoots great, but just has a different feel. I don't want to say "cheaper", but they are two different designs ( Kimber has a 90 degree bolt lift, and two big lugs ( handle and rear opposing lug). The Rem 540/581 has a 60 degree bolt lift and 9 smaller lugs (and milled " grooves" for them, giving more edges to catch on. Both are good. Neither are considered "Olympic" grade to seek a gold medal, but my Rem 540xr shoots almost as well as my old Anschutz 1411.

You may want to consider CZ 452 American or Varmint. VERY nice feeling action (glass smooth, tight tolerances, accurate), and mine shoots great ( 22 LR American version ). It is a pleasure to hold, shoot, and just work the action.

To the other posts mentioning the Winchester 320, I hear you, and agree with you about how nice they are. I have the single shot configuration, the Winchester 310. It was made by Jack Warne in Australia before Jack Warne created Kimber in the USA/Oregon It is well made and accurate (5/8" groups at 50 yards with CCI standard velocity), has a good trigger, and just feels nice when you hand!e it.

Never handled, shot or owned one, but I have read that the Kimber 82G did not live up to accuracy expectations It LOOKED accurate, with its heavier barrel and target-like stock, but it wasn't a nail driver. It was "OK accurate," but no where near what shooters hoped for- especially after hype and higher price. It did not deliver the accuracy goods. Can't remember if it was a chamber issue, or groove diameter issue-or both.

There is a lot of good reading over at rimfirecentral.com about various makes/models, pros/cons.

Other interesting, potentially accurate 22 bolt guns are: Win 69A sporter or 75 target (get a grooved receiver version for easy scope mounting), Walther medium barrel weight target rifles, Marlin 880sq (as in " squirrel"), Marlin 2000, Marlin 780 series (nice walnut stocked, accurate guns), BRNO #4, "Winchester"/Browning 52 sporter, Rem 510/511 sporters or 513 Matchmaster), Anschutz 64/54 (try to find a medium weight target barrel version ). Never handled a Cooper, but they are evidently very nice.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."