Thanks Utah708, the research was done by Daniel Landers in the 1970's IIRC. I don't recall which University, but I tracked Landers down to Arizona State U a few years back (I had hopes of asking him questions about some of his other research). The military has tons of research available on-line if anyone cares to search for this topic and share.

I'll go thru the military article data base on occasion when I'm looking for research. I checked my computer folder when I keep these articles and ran across this;
Eye dominance testing. A simple means of testing for eye dominance is presented, as Soldiers should fire with their dominant eye. Trainers are also advised to check for crossdominant Soldiers and determine whether cross-dominant Soldiers are holding the rifle with the appropriate hand or need to change.

This was published by the Army Research Institute in an article; "Rifle Marksmanship Diagnostic and Training Guide"
by David R. James, Northrop Grumman Corporation and Jean L. Dyer, U.S. Army Research Institute

Last edited by ChrisF; 01/17/21.