Anyone who categorically states they wouldn't buy a Miroku-made rifle either has never owned/handled/shot one or who is dead set against buying "Made in Japan" for ancient political reasons or a misguided outlook concerning Japanese quality. It's no longer 1944, and Japan is one of our staunchest allies now. If one still carries the "sneak attack on Pearl Harbor" attitude then I hope that extends to buying anything made in Germany too. Yeah, there are still people like that out there....

I draw the line with Chinese made stuff, mainly A. for current political reasons but also B. because of the dodgy quality one may expect. Even the Chinese quality issue has a lot of exceptions - but which to me are nullified by A. above. But, one must be careful there too because Made in Taiwan is different, and because Taiwanese consider themselves the only "true China" a lot of their stuff is marked "Made in China".

Take optics for example. I talked with an entrepreneur who engaged in marketing mainland Chinese-made scopes. He said it's all about demanding world-class quality when placing an order. If you don't insist on top quality, and put yourself physically on site to guarantee it, you'll get crap. They're capable of best quality work but won't give it to you if they think for a second that they can get over on you. It's a game to them. But, for me, it's a moot point - see A. above.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty