Originally Posted by JeffG
NEAT!
Are the vernier gradations on the rear sight matched to the calibre??

Is this barrel lined, or a custom-made barrel and bolt?

I don't know about the sight graduations yet, Jeff. Aside from initial function testing in the backyard I have yet to work seriously with it. If my quest for a Parker-Hale 5A rear sight pans out, I may never learn about those sight graduations.

The barrel isn't lined. They did that trick on a bunch of SMLE's initially but segued into made to order .22 barrels, or so I'm told. Somebody with more complete knowledge is welcome to correct me. The bolt is .22 rimfire-specific, and is a bit odd compared to a .303 service rifle bolt. The offset rimfire firing pin is contained in the (removable) bolt head and is smacked by the centrally located striker rod in the main body of the bolt (which I suspect is a standard service rifle bolt body, but with an altered blunt striker rod). Near as I can tell, the receiver is a standard service rifle receiver and lock-up is achieved with the standard service rifle locking lugs on the bolt body. I'm curious to find out if there were different length bolt heads that interchanged to achieve proper tight headspace, as were employed in the .303 service SMLE's.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty