Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Those twists are fine for use with "traditional" bullets in those respective guns - bullets which earned them their reputations.

My Browning Low Wall .223 has a 1-12" twist and it is very accurate with 50-55 grain bullets - to the tune of 1/2MOA. I may be limiting myself by being denied the capability of shooting long sleek VLD bullets but I really don't care. Truth be told I shoot more Berger 40 grain HP's than anything else out of it anyway, as 3/8" groups at 100 are oh so satisfying!

1-16" has been used in Hornets since the very beginning and not found lacking for 45 grain and lighter bullets. If the need for shooting heavier/longer bullets is foreseen I'll reach for something else anyway.

I guess in this day and age of tacticool long range sniping/competition/hunting such old fashioned stubby bullets don't cut the mustard anymore, and more's the pity.

Your post caused me to look up what my Browning LH A-Bolt 22 Hornets are twisted and learned they have a 16" ROT also. I did not know that.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.