Yea they are pretty strong in NOVA , a lot of locations in Gainesville . A few years ago when they first reared their head we had a job reconducting a line off Balls Ford rd to a small distribution warehouse .
We were changing out poles in front of it when this Kenny Rodgers looking guy comes out and stands there with arms crossed watching us , goes back into building several times and each timereturns with same pose.
We were wondering what his deal was when he finally spoke and asked us what we were doing . With a load of poles on a pole trailer setting behind a Derrick truck , you would think it obvious .
I told him and he says , you don't have permission to be here. So now I am convinced he is a wanna be somebody so I ignored him and went about business. He is obviously flustered an still holding pose repeats his self . I told him , we are re conducting this line for Amazon . His mouth drops open and says what Amazon ?
I'm puzzled because I just watched him come and go from the building a couple times .
I asked is something wrong ? He says yes you are on our property . I said no sir we are on a public street doing a job for Novec . He insist we aren't supposed to be there and I go to the truck and retrieve our as built and show him the street layout and explain again why we are there and if there's a pro elm he needs to contact Novec .
He says , this is not Amazon . So now I'm thinking he is some kind of flake for sure .So I smile a d tell him that is what it says on our as builds . He gets really flustered and says ,this is a candy warehouse . Now I'm tired of His B.S. and tell him , look I told you if there's a problem , contact Novec and I am getting passed my foreman is still in his pickup mashing his nuts . So I said hold on a minute . I walked over and told the foreman you need to come talk to this guy . So finally he lets his nuts get some air and walks over . I went about my business and soon there is a Novec bird dog there and waving of hands . Bird dog comes over and tells us go ahead and to not mind them . So from that point on there are one to two people watching us constantly . Plus cameras all over the building .
I thought maybe it was some govt shiet using Amazon as a cover . But it turned out to be Amazon . Heard somebody that one building had an electric bill of a million a month . There is more to the story but I type like a chicken plucking .
We built several more very expensive lines over the next couple years to several other new locations .security arou d those places subtly resembled a maximum security prison .
Kenneth