Dillonbuck;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one for you folks and all in your world who matter are well.

It's not a silly question to me and honestly if one doesn't ask, how would we learn?

If I can share a wee story about that....

In the great economic meltdown of '08 and into '09, there were certain vehicles being brought across the medicine line as it was cheaper for the dealerships to do that. In particular diesel pickups were being brought in by the truck load.

One fellow I talked to who was in the business then, said they were going down into Colorado, picking up Duramax pickups for $12,000 - $15,000USD and then selling them up here for $25,000, so even at a $1.22 exchange, the dealerships were doing okay on it.

The major differences other than the speedometer are that up here the lights have to come on when the engine is started. Typically when a vehicle is brought in from outside BC, it must be inspected and the inspection facility would drop in whatever part made that happen.

Onto the story.

We'd been looking for a Dodge with a Cummins for awhile and up until the financial mess, what I wanted was about $35,000CDN up here. I wanted an '03 to '04½ as they had some emissions restrictions after that and different running gear - transmission and axles prior.

So it was that we ended up at a local dealership and took an '03 for a test drive. It was low mileage - not kilometers.... but I didn't twig on that at first.

We take the thing out onto the highway and as I'm seeing how much get up and go it has, I'm seeing we're passing everything quite handily. My good wife says to me, "How fast are you going Dwayne" and I look down at the speedo, look around at the traffic we're reeling in and exclaim, "This is an American truck! It's in miles per hour!!" laugh laugh

I'd have to look at just where in Pennsylvania our truck came from sir, but it is there and when we bought it I looked it up. Since we still own it 11 years later, I think I can still look in the manual and see, but am not certain just now.

Anyways sir, thanks for reading and all the best to you folks.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"