Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Bugger
IT's spelled:

"C" eh, "N" eh "D" eh

Bugger;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day was a decent one for you and all who mean anything to you are well.

It may, or conversely may not, be of interest to you or other members from south of the medicine line to know that there's definitely differences in Canadian accents, though I'd say somewhat less pronounced than say Boston vs Dallas for instance.

All the best to you folks.

Dwayne

True Dwayne! And there are even subtle differences within regions of provinces. I first noticed this in ranger college when i'd be at the front of the lab and folks i knew who they were and where they were from were talking behind me. People from central Ontario sounding the same, and very different from people from the deep south of Ontario, who also sounded the same.

Lately i have been thinking just how different people from B.C. are from Albertans. In speech, in attitudes, even in the energy they give off. It's something i've noted for years, but i was watching a Greg Ovens clip on youtube the other day and it really hit home. I thought, "This guy has GOT to be from BC" and sure enough he was. There are all sorts of guys like him in smalltown BC in my experience. And none in Alberta.

When i first came to Calgary i had people asking if i was a "trans-atlantic Scot", "a Newfie" or even "a southerner" depending on how they interpreted my southernmost Ontario inflection. Go figure.

Last edited by gulo; 01/21/21.

From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information.
� Edward Abbey