I put myself through college working as a guide (both white water and fly fishing) in Jackson. The GV is a ton of fun for mostly mid size (11"-14") fish. For me it would be dry droppers all day long. think foam flies on top that float well and tungsten bead nymphs underneath. Hoppers, humpys, stimulators, Chernobyl ants, Moodha poodha, Grumpy frumpy on top. bead head prince, copper johns, rainbow warrior, red dart underneath. Look at Fly Fish Food web site for flies. Give Lance, Curtis or Cheech a call
As for rods as others have said, 9' 5 wt with a WF floating line like a Rio gold, If going with 1 rod. I'd go with 2 rods and go 9' 5 wt and a 9' 6 wt if you want to throw streamers.
For streamers look up the Cheech Leech, sloppy seconds, Zonker, Barely Legal. Use a sink tip for the streamers
I know you said your an orvis guy and the Helios is a great stick and the Recon is decent also. You do want a rod with some power because the wind does blow out here in the West. I'm more of a Sage fan and believe the Sage X is the finest rod ever built and I've cast most things out there. The new Sage Sonic is pretty impressive also for a less money. I just cast the 9' 4 wt last weekend and now have one coming.
If you want a challenge, fish Flat creek in the elk ranch and have a few #18-20 drys and 7x tippet. 20" cutties in very clear, thin water.
The Snake can be a lot of fun also if you float it.

Also as a side note, do not skimp on fly line. get a great line from a good company and you will be happier Think Rio Gold or SA Amplitude.

Last edited by fishnut; 01/24/21. Reason: added

Everyone is pretty on the internet!