Originally Posted by BC30cal
downwindtracker2;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope that the last day of January finds you well.

There's nothing in your statements that I can disagree with.

For me it's been somewhat educational seeing Doug Ford's Conservative government enact more restrictive regulations than our NDP John Horgan. Weird isn't it?

While we can discuss and perhaps differ on why people are calling for closing the borders, I'd suggest that the media bombarding everyone with 24/7 fear mongering likely is a foundation for it. Even the little local news station in Kelowna can't open without telling us how many people died from beer flu and if none have, then how many were hospitalized and barring that how many new cases were reported.

Seldom will the media mention positive steps or trends or well anything positive for that matter... Okay other than the reporter who gets the "kittens, puppies and special interest" beat.

Your describing this as a combination of the Spanish Flu and Great Depression is in my view extremely accurate and may well be prescient too.

Here's to better and brighter days for us all sir. Thanks again and stay well.

Dwayne

I agree with this. Too much News can be terrible for your health and well being as well. My elderly, retired parents have been basically sitting at home watching the News 14 hours a day for months now. I had to tell my mom she had to try and restrict herself to maybe one news update every couple days just to give herself a break. She has the impression that the world is in an apocalyptic state all around her. Meanwhile my wife and I both go to work as usual, get groceries, etc, etc but with some added social distancing and mask use.