Originally Posted by blindshooter
MF'ers would work ok for a couple months then slack off so bad they eventually get let go then sue the co for discrimination.
Sad thing is there are no shortage of lawyers that will take the losing case. They lose but cost the co every time in lawyer fees.

Every black employee I ever fired for cause went straight to an attorney. The company always settled for about $4K, just because it was simpler. For the lawyers, it's like clipping coupons by just sending a threatening letter on their letterhead, OR, suggesting they'll drop the case for a payment of XXXX (always under $10K).

Sadly, I'd think long and hard before I ever hired another minority, based solely on my experiences with them. I was always having to deal with injury fraud, making special accommodation's so they could do their job or dealing with bogus "race" issues. It seems they were always just seeing if they could make management "jump" over something, so they could feel empowered.

But, as some others have said, they weren't all like that. I've met some really fine older minority folks, that didn't have an "entitlement and victim" mentality. I'd hire 20 of them, before hiring one of todays group. Times have changed.

Last edited by gsganzer; 02/04/21.