I had a 6.5 PRC for a while. It's gone. Mostly about the specific rifle, not the cartridge, but there were a couple quirks along the way. First I started with Redding dies. They are not vented at the shoulder. I could not find a sweet spot where I had neither shoulder dents nor stuck cases, it was one or the other and sometimes both. Switching to RCBS dies fixed that. I like Redding dies but not this time around. frown Also, with the wide shoulder and short neck, my regular powder funnel didn't work well it'd seal against the shoulder not the neck and powder would 'scape over the top of the case mouth and down the shoulder. Fortunately I have a drop tube funnel that fit better. So, both problems solvable, but both ... irritating. (I had the same issues with the WSMs and the funnel, FWIW, not unique to 6.5 PRC.) My rifle, a Christensen Ridgeline, would not reliably shoot 1.5 MOA with the components available. The PRC seems to like slow powders .. Retumbo, H1000, RL 25 and 26, 7828, 8133, and the like and those are not available here or online so I was having to beg from friends.

For me the plus of the Creedmoor is powder selection. H4350. RL 17. H414 Medium slow powders ... stuff I have available.

The PRC is a good, practical cartridge. Basically acts like a 6.5-06 in a shorter fatter case. Give the Christensen rifle credit for feeding well and ejecting well. Mine just didn't shoot worth a [bleep]. That happens .. lemons escape the factory. If powder selection wasn't such an issue I'd have given it another try.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...