The only rifle I regret selling was my Ithaca Model 49, a single-shot, lever action .22 LR back in 1970. It had an MSRP of about $22 back in 1961 and I got a whole 8$ for it.

Took that small fortune and headed west on my thumb. Made it to Seattle, down to LA and back to Iowa in the month I was gone.

In 2011 I found another one at a gun show. It was in pristine condition and I bought it without a second thought for $125.

There have been only two rifles I regret not buying/ The first was a beautiful pre-war German Mauser, sporterized. Could have had it for $125 as well but chose not to. Been kicking myself ever since.

The other was a stainless Ruger .270 Win in the skeleton boat -paddle stock for $225 at a gun show. Tried to get the seller to go to $215 and walked away when he wouldn't. Went back when the show opened the next morning and someone was already filling out the paperwork on it.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.