Anyone here with successful experience getting attention from MS customer support?

Last week, I did something I never thought would happen. I clicked on some link in a seemingly-legit email supposedly from MS that was supposed to allow me to archive older emails that, otherwise, would be deleted on my decades-old msn email account. So, my email got hacked.

On Thursday, MS apparently figured this out, and I received an email, stating: “We noticed some unusual activity in your Outlook.com account. To help protect you, we've temporarily blocked your account.” It then provided a link to “The fastest way to unblock your Outlook.com account is to verify your account.” I went through the process, which included providing an alternative email. I provided my work email.

Promptly, at 8:15 a.m. on Friday, I received an email at my work address from MS (msftcsmicrosoft.com) stating:

“Dear Customer,
This is an automated message to let you know we have received your inquiry regarding your Microsoft account. Please note that we are experiencing higher than normal volumes, and our response will be delayed.
We sincerely apologize for this delay as we know this means you may not have access to your account. We are working to resolve your case and will update you as soon as we have additional information.
All duplicate requests will be closed and responses will be sent on the original escalation.
Sincerely
Microsoft Customer Protection”

So, basically, it’s saying fugg-off; we’ll get to you whenever we get to you; don’t contact us again.

I disobeyed its instruction and tried the same process again with no effect.

I also replied to the email later in the day on Friday and asked for this to be expedited.

I also called a MS customer-support number (800-642-7676), and a recording basically said that they have migrated to all-online customer service—“goodbye.”

My fiancé found a different way to unlock an account online that had me answer a bunch of questions, the answers to which no one else would know, such as the last-four of the CC number I used to pay MS. However, after all of that, it still sent me back to the same link to unlock my account which resulted in the email saying that they are delayed and not to contact them again.

I have had the account for so many decades without a problem that I may not have my current cell number associated with my account, and the old work backup email on it was discontinued last week when I started a new job.

For any of you IT-ish experts, is there anything I can do to get my email working again?

Many thanks in advance. If anyone solves this for me, I will be grateful and send you a nice gift if you will share your address via PM.