Originally Posted by MikeMcGuire
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
I have chronographed records for some of Mikes' old loads in a slim #3 barreled .378.

John,

They were called a Modified Number 2. If anyone ever needs to know the minimum possible muzzle diameter for a 375 bore then measure one of there !!!!

Number 3 is the Made in USA 378s from about 1995, the 416 and the Accumark. The make a 378 a much better rifle

John, that old surplus 4831, wasn't that some you had in sealed tins and was in sealed tins and we thought velocities were about 100 f/s down on what we tried it in?

Mike,
I had 3 containers of this powder, 2 were tin containers, one sealed and the 3rd was a tall plastic bottle with an old fashioned typewriter labeling on it. That one was also sealed and I gave it away when I came over here. Of all the cartridges I tried this powder in, it responded most favorably in the.340 Weatherby and I actually brought cartridges here with that rifle. (with ATF Approval)

I recall the barrel differences except that original .378 as I had both #3 with the .416 Weatherby and #4 with the .460. This was all confused by the non standardization in the industry as I still have a Tobler #5 profile and they are not similar. Bill Nioa had a custom #4 profile in .378 that I tried to get off him but someone beat me to it. Did you get it?

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.