My grandmother and mother were born in Canada. My mom became a naturized US citizen but her mom lived in the states from the 1950's till death and never became a citizen, only had visa or greencard.

Well, fast forward and im now late 40's, single, and have extended relatives still in western Canada but im a US born citizen. Ive been looking into travel and it came across something i read that i might be eleigible to have Canadian citizenship due to a parent being born Canadian.

I dont know the particulars of this and havent pursued it yet but id like to get an opinion if i should pursue this and go seek citizenship? I am pretty close to both the BC and Alberta border and would like to see relatives there in the future and even spend time in that counrty. Im not sure if it would make travel easier in the future by trying for citizenship, if im even eligible, and if there would be signifigant cost involved.

Im thinking of this now as im taking care of my dad until he dies which will be soon. After that i will jave more time and concentrate on my life and travel.

Just wanted some opines on the the matter