I was back in Northern New York visiting my Dad. Etta and I stopped at a small second hand and antique store in the small two where I grew up. I was run by a gentleman who had served on the school board with Dad. He asked about Alaska and asked if I remembered Jeff, a kid from high school whom he said was in Wasilla. I told him Jeff had been two years behind me and graduated with my brother. I remembered him. Our school had 31 people in my graduating class. You knew everybody.

I asked the store owner if he had a number for Jeff. He did not. A few days later I was at an old gun shop I had done business with in the 70's. It was run by the grandson of the old guy I bought guns from. They had a rifle I was interested in and I bought it. I was making arrangements to ship it to an FFL in Wasilla and he asked if I knew Jeff and that he had an FFL and they occasionally shipped guns back and forth. He did have a number for Jeff. When I got back to Alaska I called him. We lived a half a mile apart. We have since become good friends and in fact I performed his marriage ceremony a couple of weeks ago.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.