Originally Posted by BigDave39355
This has prolly been covered before.

LGS is getting slim. Normal times they have *almost* anything you want in regards to reloading.

Only 6.5mm bullets they have left are Berger 140 vld targets and the hybrid OTM.

Either of these suitable for hunting. Deer. Pigs. ?

Will be for 6.5prc.

I've posted this before.

Back when I was working up loads for my then new 26 Nosler, I noted that Berger had their 140 HVLD data at 3,100 fps. I called and talked to a tech, told him I could push those bullets a LOT faster than that. He let me know they didn't recommend their Hunting VLD to be driven over 3,100 fps, suggested I use their Target VLD, as those had tougher jackets.

I moved onto other choices. My hunting bud swears by the 140 NAB at 3,250, I like 120 TTSX/E-Tips at 3,450 fps. We built a pair of 26's on shot out Rem 700 7RM's. Pat pushes 140 Scenars at 3,250 or more with good results. I think they’re tougher than VLD’s.

Bottom line, if you're gonna be pushing VLD’s at 3,200, 3,300 fps, then the target version may actually be preferable to the hunting version. Not sure the top end velocity with 140's out of the PRC, either book data or Fire experiences....

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 02/17/21.