Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Soldotna also has a great restaurant called the Klondike. Awesome sandwiches and pies. I haven't been there in 29 years, though.

Sensitive subject for us Soldotna guys. Klondike dinner (Sals) closed a couple years ago. The last 6 months the food really went down hill. I think it's a Thai food place now. I haven't been there yet but keep meaning to.

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that. I had hoped to make it back there one day. My Bud and I would go there every week for a time. It got to the point that the waitresses would see us and they'd say to one-another: "Those Texans are here again looking at the pies." I still dream about the Big Dipper sandwich and a slice of pumpkin pie on occasion. Best damn pumpkin pie I ever et. Breakfast was awesome too. Sorry for your loss.

Last edited by High_Noon; 02/18/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue