I am not sure what is going on, I have a Square deal and I have not issues at all loading 45 ACP, and 38 Super on it.
I changed over to loading 9mm and I am having about a 3 rejects to 1 good one rate when going to my chamber checker. The reject range from liking just a hair from going to sticking out about an 1/8 of an inch.
All were loaded with the same box of bullets, same primers, same powder. Brass is a mixed lot but checking the head stamp, some of the same head stamps went and some did not. I changed from a round nose to a HP bullet and none of those would go into the chamber checker.
I thought I would see if the chamber checker was lying to me and tried one round that would barely not go. It did chamber but locked up in the gun and had to be shot to get it out. I ran the one ones that the chamber checker said were good and everything ran fine.
I am not sure what is going on. How can everything come out of the same press/dies and one be good and 3 be bad? I will admit this is my reloading of 9mm ever but far from my first pistol loading.
Any help would be great as I can't figure this out and with bullets/powder/primers being what they are today I can't/ don't want to keep going only to have bad ammo.
On one last detail, the brass is just years of range pick up but it is all brass, not steel case or alum. and it has all been cleaned.
Thanks for the help

Last edited by pullit; 02/19/21.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....