Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Yesterday, the hospital where my wife works had a computer conference about COVID that lasted about an hour. Some big wig Doctor was hosting it. Close to the end of the conference the Doctor said he wasn't taking the mRNA "vaccine". He said that there was another "vaccine" coming out in the summer that he was waiting for. I think it was the Johnson and Johnson "vaccine" that he was referring to that's coming out in the summer.

Supposed to be attached to, or inserted into, an adenovirus.

It's a viral vector vaccine. So it is inserted into the adenovirus. The adenovirus then delivers a plasmid DNA which goes to the nucleus of the cell and this then induces the cell to produce the mRNA itself which in turn produces the antigen. The upside to a viral vector vaccine is there is no LNP(Lipid Nano Particle) involved. The LNP is thought to be the cause of the allergic reactions in mRNA vaccines. The part I don't like about viral vector vaccine is that they are DNA vaccines.

mRNA vaccine need LPN to carry the mRNA into the cell. If th mRNA is "naked" it does not last long enough to induce an immune response.

Last edited by OldHat; 02/19/21.