I'm a Ballistic Lab Tech at Barnes. The other day, the boss asked if i'd bring in one of my 6.5x47's. He wanted to see what I could do with two different 145 MB lot #'s from my rifle. A well worn (2700 rounds) 26" Hawkhill, 1:8", Marksman contour which I recently had carbon wrapped. I have two proven loads using Lapua brass, CCI 450, H4350. I went with the lower powder charge since the upper powder charge is max in my rifle. I used their H4350, Rem 7-1/2 and 0x fired Lapua brass for the test. For brass prep all I did was run the case mouths over a RCBS FL sizer expander ball to even up the necks. I set the COAL .135" off the lands as that is what works in my AI 5 and 10 rd mags. Use our Chargemasters for weighing powder charges. My worst 5-shot group was .8".....the best was .34". SD's were single digit. Another tech shot a .36" with the boss' rifle.

I've gone through two 100 count boxes for load development in two of my rifles and recently bought two of the 500 count bulk boxes for the years NRL Hunter competitions. These bullets shoot!

Alan