Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
I've done a bit of work with a couple of 338's and the flyweights and R15 is the powder I would gravitate to first.

On a side note of all the TSX brand bullets that pesky 185/338 slug is the only TSX that has given me fits in terms of making it perk.

I've run it in 338/06's, 338 WSM's, 338's and 340's and to date I've not found a load that rocked consistently.

I've a friend from Ennis that shoots bug holes with R15 and the 185's in his 338 and one other bud from Boze that does.

But, for me I've not had the luck and it isn't for lack of trying (I believe 6 opr 7 boxes worth).

As for Connie Brooks using a flyweight bullet you don't spose there was a marketing method to her madness do you...grins

Now the 210 TSX is a whole nuther deal and bug hole is every 33 I've shot it in has been my experience.

Am I saying don't try it, no I am not. I am saying don't be amazed if it doesn't challenge you a bit.

Dober

Mark,
Just as an aside commment;

I have seen the 185 and the obsolete 175 X shoot very well and also the 210 X shoot so bad that the match grade custom barrel was removed and the action canibalized for another project.

I know we all say that rifles are individuals, but they really are, and in the course of doing rifle reviews for over 20 years. I found both horrible discrepancies and also unbelieveable consistencies.

In all, I still load for each as if it were the very first of its breed and that way I am never dissappointed and sometimes, plesantly surprised.

AGW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.