Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I'm kinda looking forward to having it done.My eye doctor told me Medicare would cover it.I turn 65 in eight months.I've worn glasses since I was five.I'm far sighted,my plus factor on my lenses is really high and my astigmatism is too.My doctor said I'd still have to probably have to wear glasses,but he said the prescription would be very much reduced.He said I would be able to see good without glasses,which now is blurry as hell,but the glasses would help with detailed vision.I've talked to a couple of people at the shooting range that have had it done and they all have raved at how clear their vision is now.
You've described me and my situation to a T. I've worn glasses since I was 2.
My wife had her eyes done in monovision where you have 1 eye for reading and 1 for distance. The doc told me that women usually adjust to that just fine but men often have problems with it. He couldn't explain why the difference, but that was his experience. I do know that my wife has lots of problems trying to use binoculars. The focus is very different between her eyes.

I went in about 13 or 14 years ago and asked the doc how lazik would work for me. He tested me and said that Lasik only works with near sightedness and I'm far sighted. Then he gave me the 'good news', I had cataracts. Of course I asked how that was good news. He said that cataract surgery works better than Lasik, is much longer lasting, and insurance will pay for it.

Ha, i used to tell some patients that also. Should have see the look on their face before I explained.

Ya, my long time eye doc who helped my blind azz to be able to shoot High Power successfully told me when I was like 40 that the day he found a cataract would be the day to rejoice!

He was right, best thing that's happened to me in years getting the implants. I was lucky enough to be able to afford the toric lens to fix astigmatism at the same time.

Good luck to you Mr. Rocky!