Just a random sample, but in the last couple of months some of the only factory hunting ammo I have seen on shelves in eastern NC has been 300, 7mm and 270 WSM and the 243 WSSM. I guess it is because not a lot of those rifles sold here and the gun dealers have been sitting on low demand ammo. If I owned a rifle chambered in one of those cartridges, I would lay in a good supply of ammo, brass and buy a set of dies. In the future they will be harder to find. Look at older, short-term darlings like the 225 WIN, 284 WIN, etc. - not on the shelves or in mail order catalogs now. As to SuperCub's point, I have also divested myself of the 300 WIN MAG, 338 WIN MAG, and 458 WIN MAG rifles I once owned. I hunt with mid-range cartridges now (270 WIN, 308 WIN, 30-06 SPRG) but recently acquired a 243 WIN, my first one in 18 years, because the recoil is more cervical vertebrae friendly and nowadays that is a real consideration.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge