Originally Posted by RimfireArtist
Originally Posted by Hancock27
Farm vet, Yes, when I first went to AK, I thought the MAine Hunting boot was all I'd ever need,....

No traction, no arch support, no ankle support, get a pair of waders and good water proof boots...

Yup, and a pair of the NEOS River Trekkers for crossing streams that would o/wise be over the tops of your boots.

"Good waterproof boots" means Kenetrek or equivalent.

A pair of "lower - rubber / upper - leather" boots are nice to have in camp for running outside for a minute, but trying to hunt in rough country in a pair is a very bad idea, for several reasons.

The fact I can lace my schnees pretty snug in the ankles when needed is great. I don't much climb the sheep mountains when guiding moose. but do at times. If I know I'm in for actual daily climbing I swap boots, but schnees have served me so well for years for moose wife and I don't wear anything else. If its worse than the schnees wet wise we slip into waders. Not hips. FWIW. And waders also make great rain pants if its really wet/rainy... much better than any rain pants I have.

but YMMV as always. We all can deal with varying issues.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....