Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by Cheesy
My kids' friends dad (and by proxy our friends now) is the COO of a retail store chain frequently found in malls around the country. Every year the minimum wage increases in Colorado, Arkansas, Missouri until it reaches whatever minimum wage they were trying to get. He said every year that costs them an additional $200k in wages. Their solution was they immediately cut 20% of the workforce and reduced their hours from 2 shifts to 1 shift. How's that working out for those high school kids and others that never improved themselves to make more than minimum wage? Best case, they're now working fewer hours. Worst case, sorry, you're part of the 20% that just were cut.
correct ,.at the Big name factory i worked at (you know the company, they got plants all over ,) every time we got a Union contract negotiated raise ,the company would then lay off X- amount of workers to pay for everyone elses raise ,they just put the work from the laid off workers on to other workers ,they even told us they was doing this ,and did it everytime for years ,did not work out for us in the long run . which is exactly what companies would do ,plus growing up in W.Va everytime the union miners got a new contract with a raise ,as soon as contract was signed ,store owners would raise their price to get a cut of that raise ,..negating the raise ,heard lots of miners complain about that growing up, I wonder if bussness will do this also?

And down goes quality as the number of eyes decreases and the time spent on each unit decreases until demand at that price point decreases and the rest of the dominoes start to fall..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.