I remember as a kid I would sit on the floor in front of dads wood gun cabinet, open the lower drawer, reach inside and pull out a box. It was a box of ammo. I wondered what the rifle must be like that could kill that big bear on the box. The cartridges were smaller than the 30-40 he let me shoot. Somehow they were so much more attractive than the 30-30 dad shot. So slender, sleek, small really, but that bear, look at him! This cartridge must be MAGIC! I don't know why dad had the box, we didn't have a rifle for it. Dad just had working guns, a Springfield 06, 7.65 Argentine Mauser (long John), Marlin 30-30, 30-40 Krag. But, no Savage 250-3000, and he'd never had one. I wanted one so bad. It was so mean looking with those silver tips. Surely a person could kill anything if he had one of those Savage rifles!

Well, I've waited too long to look for this box, in memory of my dad. I've got an empty spot above the loading bench for it. Time to start the search for a box of those magic 250-3000's with the bear standing up on the box. I figure I can start with a full box, sight the gun in and have enough left to get a big blacktail in honor of my dad with the cartridge that can kill anything.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL