Originally Posted by iskra
Re "repros", almost surely 'insufficient demand'. These for collectors and even that picky community, of which I'm with one foot in door, generally accepted "without hood", nothing horrible unless super specimen requiring. I'd expect a really good quality hood in perhaps several hundred, considering too, getting the word out = marketing, would likely run over a hundred to fabricate & sell!

Back to the O/P, that's a new one on me. If it's on stock wood, some special sort of problem. $800 seems high to me considering. Time, hazardous chemicals... Not for my money! Also as just mentioning in another thread concerning aftermarket pads.... For field use, often bringing the 'pre' Model 70 down from collector range to excellent field gun price! The caveat IF to retain such stock, caution to ascertain the length of pull, lest you get one for a child! It happens! Moreover nowadays, manipulating photos can produce a variety of illusions!

Best & Stay Safe!
John

I agree. $800.00 is way too high. I'm thinking/hoping the OP was being sarcastic in his statement.. Being that is sounds like a big POS to me. A proper/more realistic price would be more like $350.00 in stated condition..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA