Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by easttex
IMHO Leupold is making some dumbass decisions. I sent them an email to the that effect. No response.

Which decisions are you referring to?

I think there’s a difference between “keeping up with the times” and “chasing fads”. I’m concerned that Leupold DOESN’T know the difference.

Maybe a company can make some lightweight “classic” scopes (and OWN that market) while ALSO trying to develop product for the guys who like to twist turrets, rather than going “all in” on the tactical vibe, and relegate an entire market share to trying to find used stuff on eBay and Gunbroker...

Weaver and Nikon have not been shut down that long. That’s more market share available to Leupold, if they don’t jump the gun, and start eliminating many/most of THEIR “non-tactical” models, as well.

There IS a place for 4x/6x/2-7x/3-9x/4-12x scopes that don’t have massive turrets/eyepieces/objectives, and don’t have reticles that cause headaches.

I don't think there is much of a market there. If there were Weaver and Nikon would still be making scopes
High light transmission variables that track and hold zero is where the market is

There WASN’T enough “market” for Jeep/Bronco/Blazer/Ramcharger in the late 90’s. They all quit production, EXCEPT Jeep. Jeep ended up OWNING that market, AND suceeding, because they were the “only game in town”.

Weaver and Leupold pretty much figured out how to make a hunting scope that would hold zero by the late ‘70’s. Doesn’t take a lot of R&D to do that at this point. You just gotta make the product.

I’m not saying that Leupold should keep/put all their eggs in that basket, but with essentially NO ONE (even Burris’ offerings are limited) in the “classic style” sub-$400 market, now.....