Congrats on the tag! I’d bring a boat. The Kasilof landing is easily accessible and will get you to good hunting areas close enough without traversing the length of the lake. A 16 or 18 semi-vee (long shaft) will do the job. Water is shallow around the shoreline so be careful with the prop. The areas along the first five miles have burned in the last several years and do support a good number of moose. Saw up a couple of logs to use as rollers and come-a-long the boat up on shore...it will be fine. Check out the topo maps for typical moose habitat (from the entrance to Caribou Island and then around to Nikolai Creek) and your calling will be rewarded...

Lots of deadfall so a good axe and saw is in order. Many good places to hang and tarp your moose. Campsites are not difficult to find. If you were a couple of days ahead of the season, I’d guess you would have no problem.

ps.
Do yourself (and us😉) a favor and get a RB300 reg. permit and the obligatory lock tag for brown bear as you will likely see one or ten...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters