Well, I'm feeling pretty good.fine Sunday morning! Have to go do some snow blowing at the rentals, and I'm off the rest of the day. I feel the need to mess with a gun!

30+ inches of snow on the ground, 18 degrees, sun is coming over the trees, with clouds in the sky. Wife wanted to go snow machining today, now that I've got the old '93 AC back together, but I was resisting for several reasons concerning weather, roads, projects, timelines, mechanic's skills . I want to run that thing a few miles around home first. See if anything falls off, jams up, or explodes.

Replaced all the undercarriage bearings, spring slides, driven shaft bearings, removed, cleaned up and greased up all the undercarriage bogie shafts, repaired some damage to cowling (ain't pretty, but it'll do), new carbide wear bars on the way, found and fixed a coolant leak (replaced that too) by tightening a hose clamp, replaced in-tank-to-fuel-shutoff fuel hose (nothing wrong , but it was 27 years old, and I was in there....), put in new track -tightener blocks - one was a bit worn.

The speedometer wasn't working........ smile

Still isn't - looking for a driven shaft adapter, no longer OEM carried. Mine has the little square springy thingy (adapter-to-cable key) broken off and jammed in there. I guess that happened when the bearing came apart..... Don't need no stinkin' speedometer anyway. All in all, I got off light for 27 years of no maintenance beyond head light bulbs, wear bars, a voltage regulator, in-line fuel filter, a few spark plugs, and insufficient greasing.

But I'm off the hook for now. We had 2nd covid shots yesterday and she is under the weather. My shoulder is a little sore - no worse than 1st shot. I have wallpaper trim to put up anyway, so I can get that damned scaffolding out of the stairwell. More better we go next week about Thursday. Maybe spend 2-4 days down there and make it worthwhile..

Good chance her fancy overpowered snow machine will be fixed (not by me!) by then anyway - that will make her happy. It'll make me happy if she doesn't set it on fire again. smile

Last edited by las; 02/28/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.