Here's a post from another thread.
I think that it applies under this topic too, before I call it a day here.

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes. All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.

Psalm 118
-King David who trusted in the Lord of hosts in spite of impossible odds.

Like His people before He arrived at this location 2000 years ago, we want to pick a king to rule over us like the other nations...who happened to worship demons and trust in their own kings. I Samuel chapter 8***

Trump comes along and people put their trust in him, the wrong person. God's people must humble ourselves and seek and walk with the Lord. I thought the stealing of the election would shake us up enough to do that, but the people and their leaders, ecclesiatical and political have failed miserably.
Republican's still think that their king will win the third term and save them from this mess we are in. They willingly overlook the tragic fact that DJT started this when he followed evil men against the best interests of the country.
We still look to arrogant lost "kings" to do for us what is our responsibility. The world, America, is truly doomed unless they turn to Christ in faith.

However, Romans 8:28

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

(See signature link below)