Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Sounds like my info is out of date...and just when I'm getting up a good 'buy American' rage.

It's really hard to keep score.
American steel production is next to zero so most all of the steel tubing and sheet is imported. I can only speak about Honda and AC. Both use independent fabricating company's to make most of their parts both steel and plastics. Honda ships the tubing to the contractor and they laser, bend and weld the sub components, the sub components ship to Honda's North Carolina plant to be welded together and painted and finial assembly. The powertrain and electronics are about all that is imported. I believe Kawasaki does the same.
AC builds pretty much the whole thing here including the powertrain. They sublet out most of the steel fabrication and plastic molding but it is US company's.
Polaris does all of it's own fabrication including plastics in their Mexico plant and then ships it back here for final assembly. Their powertrains are assembled here.
Polaris made their move during the Obama administration. They hurt a lot of business when they canceled their contracts and laid off a lot of their own workers. It's taken a while but Honda and AC have picked up the slack and most if the subcontractors are back to running three shifts trying to keep up.
It's like buying a truck. What really is 100% made in USA anymore?

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]