Originally Posted by stevelyn
Ever consider hooking your own schitt up and doing your own maintenance? Lowes and Homer Despot sell everything you need. Leaks are easily enough found with a Zippo and only at connections. There should only be three connections at most. One at the tank, and two at the stove inside IF you add flex tubing between the main line and stove. The only money you're really out of is cost of materials. Just helped install a spankin' new Samsung range for a friend and neighbor this past fall. Not rocket surgery. The most difficult task was contorting to reach and swap out the orifices from NG to LPG. Planning on installing the same make and model of my own and building an insulated and electrified hut for a pair of 100# tanks next year at my "Up North" place. When it drops down below 0* F, I'll put a drop light in to keep them warm and if the power goes out a modified Dietz Jr No.20 kerosene lantern.

Of course we bushkins do tend to be a bit more independent and self-sufficient than most.

^^^^ This. I just plumbed in and installed a NG range in my house, took about 3hrs. You’ll regret going electric, aside from the power outage aspect an electric stove sucks ass to cook on.