Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by r_dubya
Originally Posted by Stophel
People are enamored with all kinds of fantasy "SHTF scenarios".... EMP attacks, "the grid going down!", hordes of zombies, etc.... All of which is BS. The Schdt that will Hit The Fan will be the boot heel of tyranny. Ruthless oppression. And if we're lucky... war.

The EMP thing ain't a joke. It's people with no vehicles/ electricity. It could happen..

But WHO would do it??? and WHY? IF such a thing ever happened, it would not be just by itself, for no reason.

About 10 years ago we missed another Carrington Event by a “hair’s breadth” in astronomical terms. It went directly through the earth’s orbital path... about 2 weeks ahead of or behind us, I can’t remember which. But, it was darn close.Had we taken full impact, the majority of the planet would have suddenly become 1850 again!

Not an EMP.....but, the results would be equivalent! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024