This might be a better thread in which to post some snowshoe hunting technique. Much as some people enjoyed Silverstar’s video from the other snowshoe thread, I thought that the the video needed a little work on snowshoe hare hunting technique. From the pictures it looks like some of you northern guys have figured them out pretty well. I do wonder how far south their range extends as I’ve never seen one south of the northern third of Wisconsin. I’ve run across them in evergreen forest areas, but the mother load was always in the regenerating poplar logged off areas. I’ve hunted them with beagles and while a lot of fun to hear the dogs on one, the best way we always found was still hunting through those thick pencil poplar new growth trees. A shotgun would work fine I suppose hunting solo if they run, but they never ran too far and a couple of guys with .22’s working a cover together was more fun. We never found that they came out of or went down any kind of rabbit hole like a cottontail rabbit. I never thought that they tasted as good as a cottontail, but come Winter here, there wasn’t that much else to go hunting for.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory