Herewith info on yet another brand: I bought an Iotec Sabre in December. It has called two lions so far, and besides a few lion stands I’ve only tried for bobcats on four stands total. (A friend who bought an Iotec Outlaw in Dec. has also called two lions with his). So not a lot of use on mine, but here is a review to this point:

It is LOUD! and produces quite clear sounds. The remote is easy to use. It is easy to read and select sounds on the remote, and has bells and whistles I have not tried, probably has some presets, etc. It has two banks that hold ten favorites each. I select a bank of ten sounds and never stray from that bank of ten on a stand. I forget how many sounds it holds but it is 200 or so, maybe more.

Remote distance seems very good, and sometimes I sit a long way from the e-caller, or place it in a hole or behind a log or stump. Battery life on the Sabre is phenomenal, and it works best with non-rechargeable batteries. Iotec sells an optional battery unit I have not tried.

Sounds are easy to load, including sounds I have recorded myself, Rainshadow lion vocals, and favorites from my Minaska that died this year after 20 years. I liked the Minaska remote better than any other I’ve tried, Iotec a close second. The Iotec has a night setting for the lighted remote I wish would go even dimmer, though I don’t plan to call at night much with it. One button on my remote sometimes does not work on the first push, and Iotec readily agreed to check it and to let me wait till the end of this lion season to send it in. Iotec sales and service people are easy to reach by phone, super helpful. They seem like good people, practical hunters.