Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
USFA made SAA's in the old Colt Blue Dome factory in New Haven. Quality was excellent, some claim even better than Colt. Although no longer in business, USFA SAA’s are in big demand, bring a premium. They didn't hurt Colt prices.

Standard Manufacturing, a subsidiary of Connecticut Shotgun, is making a top quality SAA. Tony Galazan at Connecticut Shotgun has benn making top end shotguns for nearly 40 years, including the Winchester 21. Connecticut makes some of the part for Standard, no MIM, no casting, all parts milled from the best steel.

At $1,800 and at their level of quality, they are actually raising the bar for Colt. Standard SAA screws are all timed, slots running horizontal. That's routine at Connecticut Shotgun, have never seen that level of detail on production SAA's, even USFA's.

I think 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen Colts will hold their value. USFA and Standard actually raised the bar, presenting CZ with a challenge.

CZ is a gun company, They know quality; they know quality sells. Unlike Colt., CZ won't be run by bean counters; gun people will run the show.

Watching the transition at Colt is gonna be interesting.

DF

DF,
I always find your postings interesting and informative. I have a question for you...when USFA first started building those beautiful single actions didn't they use some parts provided by Uberti?

Thanks...