Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Well the blizzard conditions have moved into OKC and I am doing my best to keep the birds fed. Problem is the Starlings are the biggest bullies on the block. A few days ago I put a new Bushnell scope on my pellet rifle and got it sighted in with my new Gamo Tomahawk Pointed Hollow points 7.8 gr. One of my Robin's was on top of a piece of bread and a couple of Starlings flew in and scared him off. He flew into the shrub out on my side fence, about 15 yards away, and just watched as the hungry Starlings feasted on the morsel of bread. It was bitter cold and the snow blowing a gale, when one of the starlings flew into the shrub and perched about 12" to the left of the Robin. It just so happened that one of the brick fence pillars was right behind him and made a perfect backstop, should I miss. I loaded my pellet rifle, and eased the kitchen window open about six inches. The Starling didn't see me I rested my barrel on the window sill and put the cross hair right on his puffed up chest, and squeezed off a round. That Tomahawk went "thud" and he dropped straight down into the snow and disappeared. The Robin, 12" away, never new what happened and just sat there. I highly recommend these Gamo Tomahawks for Starling eradication. Very accurate and effective pellet. It uses the same fluid dynamics expansion theory as the Federal Hydra-Shok as the bullet passes through tissue.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

I need to buy me a good pellet gun. Haven’t had one since the Benjamin pump I had as a kid.
What do y’all recommend ? My LGS doesn’t stock a decent variety. All they have are those full auto B.B. guns.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~